It is the first time that some of the main entities working in the Alzheimer's disease universe have come together to expand knowledge, disseminate updates on diagnosis, treatment and prevention, clarify daily care for patients and caregivers, raise awareness of the benefits of exercising the brain .
All this movement wants to help build and consolidate a new look at Alzheimer's, especially to combat and overcome the stigma surrounding dementias.
09h to 09h30
09:45 a.m. - 10:45 p.m.
01. COMBATING STIGMA IN ALZHEIMER'S DEMENTIA
- The goal is to raise awareness and overcome the stigma surrounding the dementia universe; build a new look at the issue with society in an aging country.
10:45 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.
02. ADVANCES IN DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Clarify and update on the diagnostic processes, the importance of early detection and novelties on the treatment of the disease, including the role of physical activity, food, etc.
(12 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
1:20 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
03. CONVINCING WITH ALZHEIMER
- The impact of the disease on the family; how to support the patient in the early stages; identification and management of symptoms; caregiver stress; caring for those who care, role of the entities.
2:30 p.m. - 3:40 p.m.
04. CARING AT HOME / INSTITUTIONALIZING
- Diversity and alteration of family nuclei; challenges in the choice and maintenance of family and professional caregivers; conflicts and challenges of institutionalization.
3:40 a.m. - 4:50 p.m.
05. HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE MEMORY!
- Raise awareness of the benefits of exercising the brain during all stages of life; when complaints of forgetfulness should be brought to the doctor; helpful tips on techniques and activities to deal with memory loss and also to keep you healthy with longevity.
4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. - closing
Does It Work 50+ Longevity Health and Citizenship
Councilor Gilberto Natalini
ABRAz - Brazilian Association of Alzheimer's
ABG - Brazilian Association of Gerontology
GAIA - Interdisciplinary Support Group in Alzheimer's
Human Rights and Citizenship of the São Paulo City Hall
Brazilian Academy of Neurology
Colors of Art Visual Communication
Atelier of Memory
Boutique of Carnes Sta Amélia
City Hall of São Paulo
Prestes Maia Auditorium Jacareí, 100 Nice view
São Paulo 01319-020 SP