This year’s Council Day will explore if certification is still an appropriate tool for driving sustainability across our urban environment, and how innovation and wellbeing investment are reshaping how we address sustainability.
The ULI Council Days are themed forums that occur the day before the UK Annual Conference, bringing together professionals from across the property, investment and urban environment. This year’s Summer Council Day will focus on a series of debates, a sites tour and workshop to explore and share how innovation, new practices and the emergence of wellbeing is reshaping the sustainability agenda.
Please note places are limited to ensure an intimate and interactive day. Please find the full programme and registration details below.
ULI UK Sustainability Council Day 4th June 2018
Kindly hosted by Cundall, One Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5ER
9:30 Welcome and Introductions – Vicki Lockhart & Erik Ruane, Co-Chairs ULI UK Sustainability Council
9:45 Beyond Certification: How do we drive theory into practice and deliver best performance operational outcomes? Taking an industry wide view and exploring international learnings this panel and audience debate will explore the value for measurement, certification and verification as an instrument for driving lasting value of sustainability performance.
- Ed Dixon, Sustainability Insights Director, Landsec
- Robert Cohen, Technical Director, Verco Advisory Services
- Steve Fawkes, Managing Partner, EnergyPro
- Helen Newman, TFT Consultants
11:00 Coffee Break
Building Site Tour – Central London
12:00 Capturing the Value of Sustainability – Industry overview Natalia Ford, Sustainability Advisor, UKGBC
1:30 Wellbeing Investment Workshop: An active forum that will explore current health and wellbeing investment trends, and decision processes across the property industry both in terms of best practice and market engagement. The workshop will be framed by a series of current health and wellbeing case studies followed by interactive workshop session.
- The Crown Estate – Jane Wakiwaka, Sustainability Manager
- Cundall – Europe’s first WELL Certified project (invited)
3:00 Coffee Break
3:30 Asset Innovation – Health and Wellbeing: Health and wellbeing is a growing priority across the property industry. This active panel debate will explore how new technologies, data and innovation are reshaping how we think of our buildings and will explore what implications this may have for how we occupy, manage, build and design buildings in the future.
- Anne-Claire Barberie, International and Innovation Manager, Immowell Lab
- Tim Oldman, CEO & Founder, Leesman Index (invited)
- Philippa Gill, Partner, Real Estate, Verdextra
- Moderated by Benjamin Kott, Founder, Fabriq
- Lightning Round – start-ups presentations that showcase innovative solutions that address the challenge of delivering health and wellbeing
- Audience Q&A
5:00 Closing Remarks and What’s next
6:00 Informal Pre-Conference Networking Drinks – TBC
This forum is open to both members and non-members from across the property and urban environment.
Places are strictly limited to 40 for the first part of the day with an additional 20 places available for the 3pm Asset Innovation session in the afternoon. If you plan to attend the afternoon session you do not need to register twice. Please find further details here: Asset Innovation – Health and Wellbeing
- ULI Members – £65.00
- Non-Members £95.00
- Public Sector and Academia – we are offering a select number of guest places for Public Sector and Academic professionals. Please contact Robert de Jong for further details.
1 Carter Ln
London EC4V 5ER
Google map and directions